Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Before the "Big" Ultrasound

Today is the day for the "big ultrasound". I'm 18 weeks along according to the calendar and it's hard to believe that I'm almost half way there! From what I understand, they're going to spend about an hour examining every little part of bebe to make sure that things are OK and located where they're supposed to be. It's fairly exciting to know that in an hour or so we're going to be checking out the wee one in great detail. It's also kind of scary though as anything could happen. What if they discover some sort of problem? I try to focus on the positive, but pregnancy has made a bit of a worry-wart out of me.

I'm also excited for Geekboy as this will be the first time for him to see bebe on screen. I didn't really see any point in dragging him along to previous appointments, but I told him to put this one on his calendar.

And today is the day that we should be able to find out whether bebe is a boy or a girl! Last night at dinner, a friend asked us what we thought the bebe's sex would be. Geekboy had no guesses. (I think he's still trying to decide in his mind about whether it's a baby or an alien.) My thought is that a little girl would be fun to have, but I suspect it's a boy - which is great too! (I'd just prefer not to have an alien.) I told Geekboy that if for some reason they weren't able to determine the bebe's sex, I'd go crazy. So according to Murphy's Law, I'm sure the bebe won't cooperate or things will be blurry or something...so I'll have to continue to wait and wonder!

After the big ultrasound, I have my first appointment with the high risk OB - so I should have plenty of news to report later on. I suspect I'm going on Glyburide or insulin or something based on my blood sugar numbers which haven't been stellar (but on the other hand, haven't been terrible). We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment