Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Novelty of Insulin is Gone

It's funny to read my last post about my first day on insulin. The novelty has worn off and although shooting myself three+ times a day is still not a big deal, it's become an annoyance remembering to do it. So far, I've only completely forgotten to give myself a shot once, but I've come close a few times. I'm also amassing an alarming number used syringes which I've been storing in a sealed container (as instructed).

I don't know if I've gotten cavalier with my eating or my sensitivity to the insulin is already diminishing, but the quantities I was instructed to use no longer seem to be quite doing the trick. My after dinner numbers are coming back high (pretty much consistently) and my morning numbers aren't great either (in fact, they've never been in the target range...ever). I have a follow-up appointment with the doc in a few days, so hopefully they'll be able to adjust my quantities to get me where I need to be.

With the lap band loosened, I no longer have any restriction so my food control all has to come from me. I've been eating a fair bit more than I need to be and the scale is starting to reflect it. I've also gotten lax about exercise. My goodness - I'm falling apart!

This coming week, I plan to rededicate myself to the "plan" to see if I can get things under control. I'm fairly confident that Bebe and I can get things straightened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment