Saturday, July 3, 2010

Post Unfill Eating

Tonight, Geekboy and I went out for dinner. I ordered a tomato based seafood stew that came with two big hunks of garlic bread. Before my unfill, I probably would have made it through about 1/3 if the stew (1/2 on a good night) and I would have passed on the bread altogether. I would have taken a to-go container home and had one or two more meals out of the leftover stew.

Well, since my unfill yesterday, things are a bit different.

Tonight, I ate the entire dish, bread included, and was still interested in dessert after dinner! Geekboy and I ended up sharing a berry compote with ice cream. ACK!

On the way home, I decided I'd better get out and do my 30 minute brisk walk to bring down my blood sugar before my after-dinner glucose test or my numbers were going to be out of the ballpark. Despite the fact that it was 9:30pm and already dark out, I went for my trek around the neighborhood. Thank heavens I did my walk as my reading was 132...perfectly good for a one hour after eating number.

I've really got to focus on reigning the eating in or else the scale is going to start climbing in disturbing ways, but dinner sure was fun while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment