Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Belly Pooch: Showing


I've just started to show in the last week, although I'm sure someone who didn't know I was pregnant could easily miss it or read the protruding gut as the product of too many hamburgers. (Or maybe that's just what I think and it's wildly obvious?) Geekboy has refrained from responding to my inquiries about whether I'm showing or not (smart boy) and my real estate agent forgot that I was pregnant when we went out for dinner - so I figure it can't be too in-your-face.

Strangely enough, the belly pooch is mostly higher up (above the belly button) although the bebe is still below the belly button. Maybe everything has been shoved up? Here's a pic so you all can be the judge. (Apologies for the quality - I'll take a better one next time.) I've definitely expanded as my belt has gone up almost two notches. That said, I still weigh a good 30 pounds less than I did before the lap band surgery. Almost all of my clothes still fit, but that's probably because most are the same clothes I was wearing before dropping the weight. I used to buy clothes that would hide my fat so I think they do a pretty good job of hiding bebe as well.

The jury is still out, but I wonder if it's going to be unnecessary to buy maternity clothes. I could just buy fat clothes instead - they're much cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment