Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What Does Pregnancy Feel Like?

What does pregnancy feel like? If you're me, not much. I always imagined that pregnancy would somehow feel different - that there would be some sort of different physical experience where I'd just know I was pregnant. Not so much. In fact, even after the pregnancy had been confirmed by medical professionals, I still had a really difficult time wrapping my head around the idea that there was a baby growing inside of me.

The majority of women experience morning sickness during their first trimester. I was one of the lucky ones who, with the exception of one or two incidents, didn't feel queasy or nauseous at all. I also didn't feel exhausted as all of the literature suggested I would. I wasn't super hungry or emotional, my hair didn't change luster, and my fingernails didn't start growing like mad. How did I feel? Perfectly normal - perhaps with a bit more gas than usual.

1 comment:

  1. That's great news. Most women would spend weeks feeling sick. But just in case it sets in late in pregnancy, try these first trimester morning sickness remedies.

    ReplyDelete