Saturday, June 26, 2010

Why We're Here

Why We're Here: No, I'm not going to philosophize or proselytize or exercise (oh, wait a minute - we'll get back to the last one)...we're here because I've decided to start this blog due to the apparent shortage of information available out there for folks in my situation. I hope that by sharing the details of my story, I'll be able to serve as a resource to others out there going through the same experience and also serve as a source of information for those who are merely curious about what it's like to go through pregnancy with a lap band. I have no idea how many of us are out there, but I do know that pregnant bandsters and bandster mommies exist - it's just that we're such a small percentage of the population it can be difficult to find one another.

The number of people getting lap bands is steadily growing and I'm pretty sure a fair number of people getting bands are having sex. (Apologies to those of you who are now thinking "Yeah right, I wish!") With sex comes pregnancy (sometimes intentionally, sometimes not). Ladies and gentlemen, that's how we arrived at the adventure of Lap Band Pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment